Monday, October 24, 2016

My musing today...Oct 24th,2016

In life we make some of our most important decisions when we are least equipped to do so.

At 16, I have to decide which stream of education I want to follow, when I've most likely either loved or hated both science and history with equal fervor..

At 18, I have to decide whether I want to be a doctor/engineer/number cruncher/lawyer when all I want is a call from my boyfriend telling me how he can just not live without me! Or the next outing with my friends

At 21 or 22 I'm to decide my career goals, the company which I hope to join...when all I want is to laze, do nothing after sweating over books and exams for all these years... having no idea what I want in life other than a good time

In a few years after that if I'm fortunate it be that long, I have to choose my life partner, new family...which are to be for keeps, with if I'm lucky to know that person good, or else...omg! What a gamble!!!

And these 10 years determine the next 50-60 years of my life...

Somehow it's not right, parents will advise based on their experience, which could be right/partially right/wrong. So many things have changed, so much is flexible today, yet the above four have remained more or less intractable.

We spend more time doing research finding the right phone than the right life partner... mankind and it's created norms, society is very, very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment